Monday, December 8, 2008

Caymen and Haley are HOME!!!!

Hi All,
Well I have some GREAT news to share with everyone!!!! CAYMEN AND HALEY ARE HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes that is correct I did just say that Caymen and Haley are home.
So now I will elaborate on what has been happening in the last two weeks, sorry I could not say anything sooner but could not risk jeopardizing them getting out.
Well about 2 weeks ago my attorney had a deposition with the chief investigating office for animal control, one that the county tried to block but the courts allowed it. Apparently during the deposition things were not going well for the county and they stopped the depo and then proceeded to ask my attorney what can be done to stop this law suit that we had against them. This is when the settlement came up. It took a lot of time to get all the details sorted out but in the end the county released all 7 dogs and we dropped our law suit(however we will not receive any compensation for all the money we have had to pay for the county’s crappy law.
Now here is the catch to all of this, there are many restrictions my babies must abide by:1. They have to be registered as Dangerous dogs and that requires a license of $300 and must be renewed each year at $1002. They must wear a HUGH dog tag stated that they are dangerous…really it is 3 inches long and made of metal.. a little excessive3. Anytime they leave the house they must have a muzzle on4. Now here is the kicker..when take them out in OUR yard, which has a 6 foot privacy fence and all gates are chained they must still wear a muzzle, WHY because my yard does not have a top to it…meaning they want us to basically make my OWN yard into a prison..how ridiculous!!
Aside from all the BS stuff we must do we are SO HAPPY to have our babies back at home. They are doing good and will bounce back in no time.
Thank you to all of you who have been so supportive and have given me much inspiration. All of you will never know how much this has meant to me and our family!!!

1 comment:

AM said...

We are so happy for you!! That is a lot of #*&^%! to put up with, but what a wonderful holiday season you will have now with your babies home!